Block of the Month – Knit
This Block-of-the-Month class is designed as an ongoing class using patterns from the perpetual calendar “365 Knitting Stitches a Year.” We will meet monthly to work on a different 8×8 block. Two different patterns are offered every month for the beginner to the more advanced knitter. You can knit either one, or both. This is a great way to learn different stitches and create blocks that can be combined to make pillows, lap-ghans, afghans, etc.
- Cast on, Bind off, Knit, and Purl
Supplies / Materials
- Cascade 220 superwash, in color of your choice
- 4 mm (US #6) needles (circulars or straights)
- Stitch markers
- “365 Knitting Stitches a Year” Perpetual Calendar, available at Blueball Mountain Spindle and Needleworks
Pre-work & Homework
Class Dates & Times
Classes will be held at:
Blueball Mountain Spindle and Needleworks
114 W. Dixie Ave.
Elizabethtown, KY 42701
Check the Class and Events Calendar for the latest offerings of this class and all our classes and events.
Please arrive 20 minutes early for the first class if you need to purchase supplies for the class.
- Fees are due at time of registration and are non-refundable. If a student needs to cancel we will try to reschedule them into another class. A student may find a substitute for their seat without penalty.
- If the minimum number of students does not register at least 5 days prior to the first class and the class needs to be cancelled, the registration and kit fees will be fully refunded or applied to another class of the student’s choice.
- All classes are limited to a maximum of 6 students and a minimum of ( ) students.
- Only registered students may sit in on class. As such, children or guardians (depending on the class) may not sit in unless they have paid for a full registration.
- All students are assumed to have the prerequisite skills listed on the class sheet.