Jacey Boggs Insubordiknit Workshop
July 7 and 8 2012
Jacey Boggs is known for her entertaining and instructive DVD Sit & Spin, for her monthly workshops around the world, and for spinning fantastical textured yarns with a technical hand. She is a contributing editor for Spin Off magazine and is regularly featured as an author. She is on the board of Handwoven magazine. She blogs and podcasts at www.insubordiknit.com, homeschools her three children, knits like a maniac, and eats way too many avocados. Her first book, Spin Art: mastering the craft of textured spinning, with Interweave, has recently been published, and she’s writing another one that’s on the way.
Jacey is returning to Blueball Mountain Spindle & Needleworks and will be teaching her new fun and full-weekend workshop covering a wide variety of textured spinning techniques with a focus on creating beautiful, unique, but ultimately stable, balanced, and usable textured yarns. These techniques can be as tame or as outlandish as you choose but any way you spin it, they will improve your fiber and hand control and give you a deeper understanding of yarn structure. An example of some of the techniques covered are rhythmic thick and thin, anchored coils, super coils, stacks, trapstacks, the tornado, basic corespinning (using carded roving, textured batts, mohair locks, combed top, and/or loose fiber) coreless corespinning, cocoons, beehives, tex ritter, and tailspinning.
Workshop is now FULL! To get on waiting list, please call or email Luna directly at Luna.BlueballMountain@gail.com.
Cost for the 2 day workshop is $200.00.
Register now by clicking below:
- have a working relationship with your wheel
- have basic spinning skills (drafting, spinning a single, the mechanics of plying)
Stuff you need to bring:
- a wheel, any wheel, don’t worry about the size of your orifice, they all work! If you have a plying or bulky head and bobbins, bring them as well!
- Bobbins, you will need at least 3 but bring what you have.
- Lazykate or a bowl to use as a lazy kate.
- Niddy noddy if you have it, if not, there will be some floating around.
- 6 oz of fiber, I’ll bring the rest. What you bring is really up to you. Bring what you love, what you like, what you want to get rid of… You will be spinning at least 8 yarns, so don’t be afraid to bring different fibers or various colorways. Bring top, combed roving, batts are fun, too. Mix it up so you have a choice.
- 2 spools of decorative thread (we’re using this as decoration so any thread will work, it need not be strong!)
Stuff Jacey brings
Everything else! wonderful fibers from amazing fiber artists (carders and dyers).
Plus additional fibers will be available from Blueball Mountain Spindle & Needle Works.
Where to Stay
If you are coming from a longer distance and would like a nearby and inexpensive hotel room, I have reserved a block of rooms at
The Comfort Inn
2009 N.Mulberry St.
$70 per night July 6 or July 7
Confirmation# 224647995/Blueball Mountain Spindle & Needleworks